O the transporting rapt'rous scene
That rises to my sight;
Sweet fields arrayed in living green
And rivers of Delight.
I am bound for the promised land,
I am bound for the promised land
O who will come and go with me
I am bound for the promised land.
I just flew over most of the US in four hours! I am just so relieved that my bags weighed the right amounts and I didn't get too lost in the airport. I have a really awesome group to be traveling with as well. I have already gotten to meet so many people, and feel like I will become best friends with each of them. The excitement in the group is contagious, and seems to be building with time. We already look forward to seeing this city with such anticipation, that it reminds me of how much this city means to so many people of all times, cultures and religions. This is something that I look forward to learning more about during my time there. Here are a few quotes that I read in Jerusalem: The Eternal City before I came that helped me to catch a glimpse of what this city means and why it is so unique:
“Nothing sacralizes stones like
blood, and Jerusalem is a city founded on sanctity, sacrifice and blood. A lot
of blood.”
“Some recall ancient glory; [but] the
people of Jerusalem drag the past forward into their homes and hearts, so that
the past becomes a part of them, uniting them, justifying them in their
grievances, instilling hope for the future”
“Past, present, and future
continually come together at this sacred space.”
Here is a video of my new home. I can't wait to get there!
Here is a video of my new home. I can't wait to get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment